It's strange to have people know me...

I assisted with a Gala. A Charity event that served the Women's and Children in Crisis Center, thousands of women attended, it was a successful and cherished event.

It was odd and surreal when a beautiful woman came up to me and called me by name and was super excited to talk to me.

I asked "Why do I not remember you?" I felt silly but I blurted it out... She knew a lot about me and I was going crazy "trying" to place her.

She told me she "follows" me on Facebook.

Oh.
The Drum Circle Goddess.

https://www.facebook.com/KTJOdrumcirclegoddess?ref=bookmarks

                                                                        Photo Credit Robin Johnson Photography

This is the third time this has happened.

It's strange to me.

I'm just Katie Jo.

One of 5 daughters.
Normal. Average hair, height, size, weight, looks, intelligence.

I've never been someone to stand out in a crowd. I've never been someone I've considered to be proud of being. But I have seen and felt a lot of pain in this world. My own and others. I looked for Peace and Love in the world... and didn't find it.

I decided to create Love within- even if only temporarily. If it's alive within me... then there is one place in the world it resides. (IF I choose to hold it there)

I see people coming to drum circle. We counted 150 people at the last one. It was powerful, fun, spiritual--- life changing.

I show up, with drums and sticks and a playlist on my ipod.

It seems so strange that people see me.

I speak at drum circles and implore my new and dear friends to make a new reality by shifting the patterns we dance to (physically and metaphorically)... not because I've achieved it- not because I've fully learned to conquer fear or find love for myself ... but because I just felt like someone had to do something... and I thought "Well, I'm somebody." I hate it when other people tell me what to do... it wouldn't be fair to tell other people to fix it.

I like people to dance. I like to see them laugh. I like to see them wrap their arms around each others shoulders and lean on one another. I like to see people step in to serve and bless one another outside of agenda and judgement.

SO, I found a way to do it, and it's working.

But I never really thought people would notice me for it.

I'm mostly just open the gate and those who arrive... walk through.

Photo Credit Robin Johnson Photography



Comments

Popular Posts